Man, kids struck by hit and run driver on Cleveland's east side | News
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)- Cleveland police are looking for the driver who hit a man and two young children on the city's east side Monday morning.
The accident happened just before 8:30 a.m. on Cedar Avenue and East 30th Street.
The preliminary investigation reveals a 26-year-old man was crossing East 30th Street with two five-year-old boys in the crosswalk when a black Mustang GT (possibly a '04 or '05) made a left turn from Cedar Avenue and struck them as they were crossing the street. After hitting the victims, the Mustang did not stop and continued southbound on East 30th.
The two children were treated by EMS workers and released to their mothers, who responded to the scene. The 26-year-old man was taken to Metro, where he is being treated for his injuries.
The Cleveland Division of Police is asking that anyone with information to contact the Hit-Skip Unit at 216-623-5191.
Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects on the run after robbing Fifth Thirds in Cleveland Heights
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud