Family of murdered Cleveland teen demands justice | News
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)- A huge crowd gathered Monday night, demanding justice for slain teen Lataevia Williams.
The 14-year-old girl was shot and killed early Sunday morning outside of a birthday house party.
"I don't know nothing. I don't even want to talk about it. I just know that I don't have a daughter no more. That's all that matters," Lataevia's mother, Latonya, tearfully said during the vigil.
The shooting happened just after midnight on Sunday at East 125th and Elberon Avenue on the border of Cleveland and East Cleveland.
Cleveland Police tell 19 Action News there was an argument between people inside the party and people outside in the street. Some of the partygoers went outside, and that is when at least two people opened fired into the crowd.
Lataevia and a 16-year-old boy were both shot in the neck at a party. Lataevia died at University Hospital. The teenage boy is listed in critical condition at University.
No word on any arrests or motive at this time.
"I hope they catch the person that did it," Latonya pleaded.
Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects on the run after robbing Fifth Thirds in Cleveland Heights
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud