Overnight SWAT situation ends peacefully on Cleveland's east side | News
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)- A peaceful end to an overnight SWAT situation on Cleveland's east side.
Officers were called to the 3100 block of East 121 around 2:10AM for a man threatening a woman with a gun.
Once on scene, officers were told by the victim that her live-in boyfriend, 55-year-old Lavon Williams, hit her in the head with a
handgun. When Williams hit her with the gun, the slide fell off. She then picked up the slide, ran out
the house and called police. She also said that Williams was smoking PCP earlier in the day.
Officers ordered Williams to exit the home, but he refused. Upon further investigation, officers found that he had
prior felony offenses and notified the SWAT Unit. At approximately 5:30 a.m.,
the SWAT Unit made entry into the home and arrested Williams without
is currently being held in the Division's Central Prison Unit awaiting charges
Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects on the run after robbing Fifth Thirds in Cleveland Heights
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud