Lawsuit filed against Cleveland cops for beating following New Year's chase | News
A lawsuit has been filed against Cleveland police officers for the beating of a man after he was arrested following a long chase on New Year's Day.
Read the entire lawsuit HERE
Police say Edward Henderson fled from officers during a traffic stop, and led them on a chase throughout the city. Henderson claims he was beaten at the end of the chase.
Four officers are being investigated by the Feds for their actions, and now, Attorney David Malik has filed a civil suit. The suit claims officers used excessive force and lied about it later. The suit also implicates other unnamed officers who were at the scene.
The incident was caught on tape by a CPD helicopter. The city has refused to release the video. Multiple sources tell 19 Action News the video was shot with an infrared lens, making it hard to determine who is actually there, and what is going on.
Copyright 2011 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects on the run after robbing Fifth Thirds in Cleveland Heights
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud