Cleveland traffic stop yields huge heroin bust | News
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)- An alert Cleveland police officer made a traffic stop, and it turned into a huge heroin bust.
It happened Tuesday near East 79th Street and Addison.
A report shows Officer Donald Kopchak was finishing one traffic stop, and he chased down another car. Fifth District officers tell 19 Action News one person in the car had a large chunk worth of heroin packaged into what's called a brick. Plus, several other smaller chunks of heroin.
The street value of the drugs could be well into the tens of thousands of dollars.
Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects on the run after robbing Fifth Thirds in Cleveland Heights
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud