Two Cleveland men appear in court for playground shooting | News
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)- Two men accused in the shooting of a 12-year-old girl at a park on the city's east side, faced a judge Monday morning.
Both Russell James and Tyre Williams pled not guilty to several charges: including attempted murder and felonious assault. The judge set bond at $200,000 for James and $250,000 for Williams.
A third suspect, a 17-year-old male, is also in police custody.
Cleveland Police say the three men were shooting at each other on May 28 in a park in the area of Parkwood and Tacoma.
Toni Landers, 12, got caught in the crossfire. She was shot in the chest.
Landers has since been released from Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital and continues to recover from her injuries.
Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud
- Cuyahoga County Councilman Julian Rogers to resign from County Council