NO THREAT: Suspicious bag at Cleveland rapid station contained personal items | News
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)- A suspicious duffle bag found at the East 55th rapid station was found to contain only personal items. According to police, there is no threat.
The station and nearby RTA buildings were evacuated after the suspicious duffle bag was found around 9 a.m.
A number of train lines stopped running, and lanes on I-490 east and westbound were closed while officials investigated.
RTA service on the Red, Blue and Green Lines has been restored, delays are expected. And all lanes are open on I-490 east and westbound, including the I-77 exit ramps.
Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects on the run after robbing Fifth Thirds in Cleveland Heights
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud