Woman killed, man injured in east side shooting | News
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)- A 20-year-old woman was killed and a man injured in a late night shooting on Cleveland's east side.
The shooting happened at 10:30 p.m. in the 4200 block of East 134st Street.
The preliminary investigation reveals that a man and woman were walking to the store when an unknown man wearing a red hooded sweatshirt shot both victims. After the shooting, the suspect fled on foot.
EMS rushed the victims to Metro, where the woman, identified by police as Regina Meal, later died. The man was treated for a gunshot wound to his calf, and released.
The Cleveland Division of Police is asking that anyone with information to contact the Homicide Unit at 216.623.5464. Anonymous information can be given to Crime Stoppers by calling 216.252.7463 or Text messaging to Text TIP657 plus your message to Crimes (274637).
Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects on the run after robbing Fifth Thirds in Cleveland Heights
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud